The Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program is a project of The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy (The Institute), NELA’s public interest organization. NELA and The Institute are committed to ensuring that NELA’s nationally renowned continuing legal education
programs are accessible to those who would otherwise not be able to attend without financial assistance. In this regard, we encourage applications for full or partial scholarships from legal services, public interest, and private lawyers who represent workers. Based on financial need, scholarship awards will cover the cost of the registration fee, hotel expenses (room and tax for a maximum two-night stay), and/or transportation for the Trial Boot Camp.
To apply for a scholarship, send a letter on your employer’s letterhead describing:
- your interest in attending the Boot Camp,
- the nature of your legal practice or the legal services you provide,
- the workers you represent,
- the need for financial assistance,
- how this program relates to your practice and/or the clients you serve, and
- any other information you wish us to consider.
Requests must be accompanied by a completed scholarship application and registration form. Applications must be received no later than Monday, February 3, 2014.
Please note the following:
- Preference will be given to applicants who provide direct legal services to workers.
- Scholarships are not transferable.
- All applicants will receive notification that their application has been received, and whether it has been granted or denied. Those receiving scholarships will be sent written confirmation at least three (3) weeks in advance of the Boot Camp. Applicants who do not receive notification two (2) weeks before the Boot Camp should contact NELA to inquire about the status of their application. Scholarships will not be awarded retroactively, and applications will not be considered after the deadline of February 3, 2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Scholarship recipients will receive payment after submitting receipts for eligible expenses and a Scholarship Program Evaluation. Scholarship recipients who do not attend the seminar will forfeit their scholarship award.
| Registration Form
| Scholarship Application