The Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program is a project of The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy, NELA’s public education and advocacy organization. NELA and The Institute are committed to ensuring that NELA’s nationally renowned continuing legal education programs are accessible to those who would otherwise not be able to attend without financial assistance. In this regard, we encourage applications for full or partial scholarships from legal services, public interest, and private lawyers who represent workers. Based on financial need, scholarship awards will cover the cost of the seminar registration fee, hotel expenses (room and tax for a maximum two-night stay), and/or transportation. To apply for a scholarship, send a letter on your employer’s letterhead describing:
- your interest in attending the seminar,
- the nature of your legal practice or the legal services you provide,
- the workers you represent,
- the need for financial assistance,
- how this seminar relates to your practice and/or the clients you serve, and
- any other information you wish us to consider.
Requests must be accompanied by a completed scholarship application and a registration form. The letter, application, and registration form must be received no later than Friday, February 14, 2020.
Send all scholarship documents to:
The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy
1800 Sutter Street, Suite 210
Concord, CA 94520
Attention: Scholarship Committee
Scholarship requests also may be sent via email, or facsimile (866) 593-7521.
Please note the following:
- Preference will be given to applicants who provide direct legal services to workers.
- Scholarships are not transferable.
- All applicants will receive notification that their application has been received, and whether it has been granted or denied. Those receiving scholarships will be sent written confirmation at least three (3) weeks in advance of the seminar. Applicants who do not receive notification two (2) weeks before the seminar should contact NELA to inquire about the status of their application. Scholarships will not be awarded retroactively, and applications will not be considered after the deadline of February 14, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Scholarship recipients will receive payment after submitting receipts for eligible expenses and an evaluation form. Scholarship recipients who do not attend the seminar will forfeit their scholarship award.
We welcome your financial support of The Institute’s Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program. Your contribution toward making NELA’s renowned continuing legal education programs more accessible to employee advocates is deductible as a charitable donation to the extent provided by law. Visit us online to make your gift, or contact Leah A. Hofkin, NELA and The Institute’s Director of Development (Tel: (415) 296-7629; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
NELA and The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy gratefully acknowledge the Kazan, McClain Partners’ Foundation, NELA members, and other individuals for their generous support of The Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program.